Southpointe in Fall River, MA is offering a $1,500 sign-on bonus for an experienced Cook, preferably with nursing home experience. The Cook assumes the responsibility for the preparation and delivery of quality food to the residents of the facility. He/she has the total responsibility for the preparation, appearance, temperature control and presentation of meals to our residents. He/she also assumes the total responsibility for the following of house and therapeutic menus according to regulatory guidelines.
- Prepares and cooks food according to standardized recipes and menus.
- Adheres to appropriate amounts of food supply needed for menus of the day and time.
- Adheres to therapeutic diets as ordered by resident’s physician.
- Assumes responsibility for temperature control of food served to residents.
- Assumes responsibility for the efficient functioning of the dietary department.
- Adheres to regulatory guidelines in the storage of frozen food, perishables and dry goods.
- Adheres to regulatory guidelines in the cleaning of equipment used in food preparation. Knives/Ovens /Blenders/Slicers/Pots and pans
- Adheres to establishes policy and procedures in food sanitation.
- All dishes and equipment are clean and free from food particles.
- All dishes and equipment are allowed to dry thoroughly before being stored.
- Oversees dietary aides in performance of their duties and responsibilities.
- Monitors sanitation in the dietary department.
- Food preparation area clean and neat. This is to be done by cook.
- Stove, stove range and hood and ovens to be free of grease and spilled food after each meal.
- Grill cleaned and free of grease and food particles after each meal. This is to be done by cook.
- Dishroom and hallway to be cleaned after each meal.
- Securing the kitchen from unauthorized personnel.
- Locking the dietary food freezer, refrigerator and dry food storage area at end of the day.
- Monitors back door – must remain closed at all times.
- Locking dietary department doors at the end of the day.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of institutional sanitation, food preparation and serving techniques.
- Minimum of one year institutional cooking preferably in a long term care setting.
- Experience in therapeutic diet management and cooking preferred.
- Ability to, stand, walk, lift, carry, push, pull, balance, kneel, stoop, reach and grasp.
- 401k matching
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Life insurance