AdviniaCare at Baypointe, skilled-nursing facility located in Brockton, MA. is looking for skilled and motivated Activities Assistants to join our talented staff.
Full-time, Part-time, and per diem positions available.
Candidate should be an enthusiastic team player and reliable.
Competitive salary and benefits offered. Great work/life balance.
We are an equal-opportunity employer.
A dynamic individual who will lead and encourage residents to join in meaningful activities whilst maintaining their independence, choice, and dignity, to enable them to lead as full and active life as possible. Some of their responsibilities will be to create and handle the logistics for daily events, speak to participants and manage employees and volunteers. It is a dutiful job that will help lift the spirits of the residents and ensure they enjoy their time while presiding at the home.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates activities for nursing home residents
- Designs weekly programs activities, entertainment, and social events to encourage socialization,
- Advertised events within the home and communicated to all residents.
- Liaise and consult with staff and relatives regarding the care of residents and particular activities that may be beneficial and stimulating
- To ensure all activities are documented in the activity’s diary
- Provide relaxation, and fulfillment, and improve daily living skills.
- Create and handle the logistics for daily, weekly, and monthly events
- To assist residents with their personal needs during activities and in emergency situations.
- Speak to participants to get feedback
- Work with each old and new resident to understand their likes/dislikes
- Manage employees, volunteers, and resources
- To ensure that all residents receive some form of social activity each week and residents receive one to one time,
- Recruit a network of volunteers to provide a variety of desired appropriate social opportunities as identified by the residents
- Deliver fun, safe events while on time and under budget
- Be aware of the religious calendar that may affect activity pursuits, relevant to the ethnic mix of residents.
- Promote and enhance the existence of the home in the community and encourage the use of communal spaces within the home for groups to meet and hold events.
- Regularly assess the effectiveness of the social events and activities programs.
- Work as an active team member with your colleagues within the home to ensure the highest standards of care are achieved.
- Kindness, patience, and compassion.
- Good English, numeracy and writing skills.
- Ability to understand and follow procedures.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- High school diploma and certain certifications may be required.
- Experience with nursing, recreational activities, event planning, or related may be preferred.
- Job training
- First aid and CPR training
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening.