AdviniaCare at Wilmington is searching for an Activities Assistant. The candidate will work under the Recreation Director and contributes to the implementation of rehabilitative activity programs for the residents or the facility. Therapeutic recreational programs are designed to meet the physical, cognitive, social, psychological and spiritual needs of the resident.
- Assure that all residents are aware of daily activities through posting and distribution of schedules, announcements, prompting, and recruiting prior to activities.
- Time is allowed for independent activities and encourage productive use of leisure time.
- Encourage community involvement in activity programming.
- Encourage, support, and assist with volunteer programs within facility.
- Provide exercise programs as scheduled.
- Assist with educational/discussion groups.
- Encourage social interaction groups both structured and unstructured.
- Assist with and encourage creative activities both structured and unstructured.
- Provide individualized visits as scheduled.
- Monitors all materials while in use.
- Monitors food items (hot and cold) during social activities.
- Monitors activity equipment and assures that all equipment is safe and in working order.
- Responsible for the storage of activity equipment in an orderly fashion and maintaining equipment/supplies in organized fashion.
- Responsible for general upkeep of storage closet and recreation room.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- CPR certified.
- Certified as an activity assistant preferred.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, push, pull, twist, climb, stoop, reach, grasp and perform repetitive movements.
- 401k matching
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Life insurance