AdviniaCare at Eastpointe located in Chelsea, MA is searching for an experienced Assistant Director of Nursing. They will assume the lead role in the delivery of quality patient care through the development and management of nursing personnel, fiscal resources, and maintenance of a safe environment. The candidate will assume that patient care is delivered in accordance with the mission, statement, philosophy, policy and procedure of the Nursing Department of the facility. The Assistant Director of Nursing promotes a team concept within the nursing department and with other departments and disciplines through demonstrating good interpersonal communication skills. They will provide administrative coverage in the absence of the Director of Nursing.
- Maintains constant interaction with the nursing staff for the purpose of assisting the care provided and development of the nurse’s capabilities to provide care in changing circumstances.
- Makes frequent rounds of all units to evaluate resident care and staff performance and takes corrective action as necessary.
- Keeps current with projected/actual regulatory changes, medical practices and communicates any changes to appropriate staff.
- Provides appropriate direction and supervision to supervisors and Unit Managers.
- Provides consultation to nursing staff and guides them in implementation of the nursing process.
- Serves as committees assigned.
- Acts as resource person/role model to other staff.
- Leads and participates in Resident Care Conference.
- Consults with and keeps staff informed of facility and nursing policy, philosophy and administrative decisions.
- Initiates and participates in problem solving with staff to assure that special needs of residents are met.
- Works closely with resident’s physician to assure continuity of care by communicating with coordinating medical and nursing activities.
- Schedules and attends at least monthly staff meetings and maintains minutes and attendance records.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current R.N. registration, within state.
- B.S. degree preferred.
- Four (4) years experience preferred with a minimum of two (2) years acute medical/surgical experience and one (1) year long-term care experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years previous leadership experience.
- 401k matching
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Life insurance