AdviniaCare at Wilmington in Wilmington, MA is searching for an Assistant Director of Nursing. They will assume the lead role in the delivery of quality patient care through the development and management of nursing personnel. This is a full-time position offering generous benefits and a competitive salary.
- Maintains constant interaction with the nursing staff for the purpose of assisting the care provided and development of the nurse’s capabilities to provide care in changing circumstances.
- Makes frequent rounds of all units to evaluate resident care and staff performance and takes corrective action as necessary.
- Keeps current with projected/actual regulatory changes, medical practices and communicates any changes to appropriate staff.
- Provides appropriate direction and supervision to supervisors and Unit Managers.
- Provides consultation to nursing staff and guides them in implementation of the nursing process.
- Serves as committees assigned.
- Acts as resource person/role model to other staff.
- Leads and participates in Resident Care Conference.
- Consults with and keeps staff informed of facility and nursing policy, philosophy and administrative decisions.
- Initiates and participates in problem solving with staff to assure that special needs of residents are met.
- Works closely with resident’s physician to assure continuity of care by communicating with coordinating medical and nursing activities.
- Schedules and attends at least monthly staff meetings and maintains minutes and attendance records.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current R.N. registration, within state.
- B.S. degree preferred.
- Four (4) years of experience preferred with a minimum of two (2) years acute medical/surgical experience and one (1) year long-term care experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years previous leadership experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer.