AdviniaCare at Baypointe is looking for skilled and highly motivated to join our talented staff at our skilled nursing facility in Brockton, MA.
Full-time, Part-time, and per diem positions available.
Candidate should be an enthusiastic team player and reliable.
Competitive salary and benefits offered. Great work/life balance.
We are an equal-opportunity employer.
A skillful cook who can plan, prepare, and cook food items to ensure the highest quality service and experience for residents. They should help keep the kitchen clean, organized, and running efficiently. Furthermore, other duties include ensuring proper food handling and sanitation and following food storage procedures. Overall, the cook is responsible for keeping the residents healthy and nourished.
- Plans, prepares, and cooks food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Working with the head chef to plan meals
- Cooking a meal to a bed-bound patient.
- Cooks’ food for one that follows specific dietary guidelines.
- Monitor food temperature prior to serving.
- Work with health care staff to ensure appropriate nutrition for each resident.
- Practicing safe food handling.
- Assist with purchasing food.
- Monitor food quality and ensure items are stored appropriately.
- Recommending proper quantities and items based on resident demand and dietary needs.
- Baking a variety of rolls, cookies, cakes, and pies for residents.
- HACCP regulations and sanitation practices.
- General cleaning up of kitchen.
- Working on tray line during meal service.
- Hand washing and sanitizing of pot and pans.
- Very good communication skills.
- Significant culinary skills
- Leadership skills
- Food safety.
- Kitchen management.
- Previous experience in a kitchen
- A certificate or associate degree from a community college in culinary arts, cooking
- A food handling certificate from your state and knowledge of geriatric diets
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware, and bakeware.
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures.
- Capacity to work in a team.