AdviniaCare at Eastpointe in Chelsea, MA is in search of a Director of Nursing who will assume the total responsibility for the deliverance of quality resident care through the development and management of nursing personnel, fiscal resources and the maintenance of a safe environment. They will organize, direct, supervise and administer nursing policy in accordance with the mission statement, policy and procedures of the facility and nursing standards of practice.
- Frequent rounds to all nursing units to evaluate resident care and provide support and encouragement to nursing personnel.
- To provide and accept input from Unit Coordinators in the deliverance of quality resident care.
- Establish philosophy and objectives for the Department of Nursing.
- Interprets and implements administrative policies.
- Develops and revises departmental policies and procedures to assure compliance with Federal, State, Department of Public Health and facility regulatory guidelines.
- Communicates current nursing practice to all nursing personnel to assure compliance with actual and projected regulatory changes and medical practices.
- Participates with other professional staff in developing and implementing policies for resident care.
- Maintains daily contact with the Assistant Director of Nursing/Supervisor on staffing needs for all nursing units.
- Monitors and evaluates performance of ADON, supervisors and other nursing personnel.
- Manages nursing personnel which includes recruitment, selection, position assignment, orientation, in-service education, supervision, evaluation and termination.
- Acts as a role model to facility personnel.
- Participates in problem solving with staff to assure resident quality care and staff job satisfaction.
- Maintains certification in CPR.
- Ensures all residents rights/dignity.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- B.S. degree preferred.
- Current R.N. registration, within state.
- Four years experience preferred with a minimum of two years long term care experience.
- A minimum of two years previous leadership experience, preferably in long-term care.
- Must be able to sit, walk, push, pull, twist, turn, grasp, and bend.
- 401k matching
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Life insurance