Southpointe in Fall River, MA is in search of a Director of Nursing. The candidate will assume the total responsibility for the deliverance of quality resident care through the development and management of nursing personnel, fiscal resources and the maintenance of a safe environment. They will organize, direct, supervise and administer nursing policy in accordance with the mission statement, policy and procedures of the facility and nursing standards of practice.
- Frequent rounds to all nursing units to evaluate resident care and provide support and encouragement to nursing personnel.
- To provide and accept input from Unit Coordinators in the deliverance of quality resident care.
- Establish philosophy and objectives for the Department of Nursing.
- Interprets and implements administrative policies.
- Develops and revises departmental policies and procedures to assure compliance with Federal, State, Department of Public Health and facility regulatory guidelines.
- Communicates current nursing practice to all nursing personnel to assure compliance with actual and projected regulatory changes and medical practices.
- Participates with other professional staff in developing and implementing policies for resident care.
- Maintains daily contact with the Assistant Director of Nursing/Supervisor on staffing needs for all nursing units.
- Monitors and evaluates performance of ADON, supervisors and other nursing personnel.
- Manages nursing personnel which includes recruitment, selection, position assignment, orientation, in-service education, supervision, evaluation and termination.
- Acts as a role model to facility personnel.
- Participates in problem solving with staff to assure resident quality care and staff job satisfaction.
- Maintains certification in CPR.
- Ensures all residents rights/dignity.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- B.S. degree preferred.
- Current R.N. registration, within state.
- Four years experience preferred with a minimum of two years long term care experience.
- A minimum of two years previous leadership experience, preferably in long-term care.
- Must be able to sit, walk, push, pull, twist, turn, grasp, and bend.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401k matching
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Life insurance