SeashorePointe in Provincetown, MA is seeking a full-time Social Worker who will assume the lead role in the delivery of psychological, financial, religious and physical needs of the resident, family members and significant others. The candidate will assure that the resident’s needs are met in accordance with the mission statement, philosophy, policy and procedures of the facility. The Director of Social Work Services promotes a team concept with other departments and disciplines through demonstrating good interpersonal skills.
- Maintains constant interaction with other disciplines in the needs of the residents.
- Gathers appropriate social information at time of admission.
- Maintains on-going contact with family members.
- Assists Admission Coordinator in providing tours of the facility for prospective new residents.
- Assists with in-home or in-hospital pre-admission assessments as needed.
- Initiates and participates in problem solving with staff to assure that special needs of the resident are met.
- Works cooperatively with resident’s physician and the nursing department to assure continuity of care.
- Referrals to community home-care agencies as needed.
- Referrals to Visiting Nurse Association as needed.
- Referrals to Adult Foster Care and Adult Day Health when appropriate.
- Graduated from an accredited school of social work with a Bachelors degree program in human services
- Two years experience in a health care setting.
- Two (2) years of long-term care experience preferred.
- Licensed in the state of practice.
- Ability to walk, stand and sit.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- 401k matching
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Life insurance
|Job Category||Socials Services|